HEADstrong Seeks Manager of Communications
Manager of Communications
HEADstrong Foundation seeks a professional to lead the company’s communication. It’s time to turn up the volume increasing awareness to advance the mission of improving lives affected by cancer.
This individual will develop and implement the communication strategy ensuring the organization’s annual communication goals are reached. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter who is creative, focuses on details, and has a passion for writing. This person will be responsible for brainstorming, creating, and transforming conceptual ideas into words for social media posts, articles, scripts, publications, blogs, website content, flyers, direct mail, brochures and other content-focused projects as needed.
This position is based in Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
- Develop and implement annual content calendar, communication plan
- Creation and distribution of monthly e-newsletter communication
- Driving the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling messaging
- Lead the efforts of our social media fundraising campaigns
- Consistent and engaging posting on social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter
Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Compose and distribute press announcements, media alerts and topical news for HEADstrong events, fundraisers, human interest pieces and in-depth profiles.
- Coordinate with other staff members to provide support and content for programs and initiatives.
- Writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Assistance with events and misc. tasks as needed
- College Degree in Communications or Marketing
- Ability to prioritize and organize many tasks across various teams within the organization
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- A self-starter able to work independently, enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
Offering a competitive salary, a generous benefits package and growth opportunities. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary history to [email protected]. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.