(Holmes, PA) – HEADstrong Foundation™ (HF™) is actively seeking journalism, public relations and communications students with comprehensive writing skills to create cause related content for HEADstrong’s website, social media channels and newsletter. Interns will focused on engaging an audience of existing and new supporters. Candidates will have the opportunity to work remotely.
This is an accredited internship and ideal for students requiring a service credit or looking to build their portfolio while adding a service component to their resume. This is a non-paid opportunity however HF™ will provide a stipend at the conclusion of the internship based on performance.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting interviews with HEADstrong Hero’s and sharing their story of hope with our audience.
- Develop 1 articles per week.
- Candidates must be professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Must be detail-oriented, accomplish tasks in a timely and professional manner and multitask efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), leadership skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Background or pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Previous knowledge of the HEADstrong Foundation and interest in athletics, specifically lacrosse.
- Personal experience with cancer. (survivors or someone that has been affected by cancer)
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to info@HEADstrong.org, please include Journalism Internship in the subject.
About HEADstrong Foundation
The HEADstrong Foundation™ is a 501(c)(3) committed to being a resource for cancer patients and their families, helping them to navigate the harrowing ordeal of cancer by providing essential services to improve quality of life.
HEADstrong™ is an athletic rooted organization that serves the cancer community by granting direct financial assistance to those financially impacted as a result of the disease, by providing complimentary long-term housing and amenities for those traveling to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for cancer related treatments through Nick’s House™, by funding innovative blood cancer research through the Nicholas E. Colleluori Lymphoma research fund, by serving family meals and offering outlets of entertainment for those receiving care at hospitals, by delivering comfort kits to newly hospitalized patients preparing for treatment or transplant and by lending an arm of support through their peer to peer advocacy group.
The blueprints for the Foundation were conceptualized by Nicholas “HEAD” Colleluori in 2006, while he underwent treatment for non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, which ultimately claimed his life. Today, Nick’s vision is being fulfilled through the relentless efforts of his family, athletes and supporters across the country uniting in the fight against blood cancers.
For more information on the HEADstrong Foundation™ and how they are Getting aHEAD of Cancer™ go to www.HEADstrong.org.