HEADstrong Announces Summer 2017 Outreach Internship Opportunity
For Immediate Release
Getting A HEAD of Cancer
Contact: Pat Colleluori
Email: [email protected]
HOLMES, PA – The HEADstrong Foundation is actively seeking candidates to serve as interns for the summer 2017 session. HEADstrong’s accredited internship program is committed to providing students with a comprehensive overview of a working non-profit while engaging students in awareness and other outreach opportunities.
HEADstrong Foundation, a non-profit organization works to improve lives affected by cancer. The organization serves the cancer community by granting direct assistance to those financially impacted by the disease, provides complimentary long-term housing and amenities for those traveling for cancer related treatments through Nick’s House™, funds innovative cancer research through the Nicholas E. Colleluori Lymphoma research fund, serves family meals and offering outlets of entertainment, delivers comfort kits to newly hospitalized patients preparing for treatment or transplant, and lends an arm of support through their peer to peer advocacy group.
Interns will be involved with tasks focused on increasing visibility, promoting cause awareness and service at events through the Greater Philadelphia Region and Mid-Atlantic. This internship is accredited and ideal for students requiring a service credit or looking to add a service component to their resume. This is a non-paid internship however HEADstrong will provide a stipend at the conclusion of the summer based on performance.
“HEADstrong’s summer internship program was one of the most incredible experiences that I have ever had the privilege to be part of and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to participate. The experience opened up my eyes to the world and showed me how much of a difference HEADstrong is making in the fight against cancer and how the littlest gestures can go a long way.” Kelton Heverly, Mount St. Mary’s University
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the planning and execution of marketing initiatives including supporter development, mobile marketing, product showcasing, public speaking and appearances.
• Serve as a representative and ambassador at various summer events.
• Build HF email and social media database.
• Identify key local and regional events and coordinate involvement.
• Implement strategy for building social media network.
• Volunteer at scheduled HF services at area hospitals and medical centers.
• Lead outreach opportunities focused on promoting cause awareness.