HEADstrong Seeking Communications Intern
HEADstrong Foundation Opens Application Period For Fall Communications Internship
DURATION: Fall 2021 Semester (September to December): Part-Time Paid 12 hours per week – may require evenings/weekends.
LOCATION: Holmes and/or Swarthmore Offices in Delaware County, PA – there will be limited travel required but it will be reimbursed. .
Interested Candidates should send resume to [email protected]
JOB SUMMARY: HEADstrong Foundation™ (HF™) is actively seeking journalism, public relations and communications students with comprehensive writing skills to create cause, event content for HEADstrong’s website, social media channels and newsletter. Be RELENTLESS and help HEADstrong to change lives affected by cancer. Interns will be involved with developing content focused on engaging an audience of existing and new supporters – working under the direction of Marketing Manager.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
· Creation of preliminary and post event coverage.
· Conducting interviews and writing articles on donors, supporters, benefactors and fundraisers.
· Develop 3-4 articles per week.
· Candidates must be professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
· Must be detail-oriented, accomplish tasks in a timely and professional manner and multitask
· Excellent communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Background or pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations.ABOUT THE HEADSTRONG FOUNDATION: The HEADstrong Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to improving lives affected by cancer. HEADstrong was founded by Nicholas Colleluori, a Division I athlete entering his sophomore year at Hofstra University when he was terminally diagnosed with cancer. His public fight from the sidelines captivated the nation and from his hospital bed he created an organization focused on empowering student-athletes to improve lives affected by the disease. Nicholas empowered his own family and in the last days of his life asked them to pick up the ball where he left off. It’s a promise that the Colleluori family continues to fulfill through the essential programs and services offered by the HEADstrong Foundation. HEADstrong is 100% committed to improving the quality of life for families affected by cancer.