HOLMES, PA – The HEADstrong Foundation is actively seeking intern candidates to serve its mission. HEADstrong’s accredited internship program is committed to providing students with a comprehensive overview of a working non-profit while engaging students in awareness and other outreach opportunities.
HEADstrong Foundation, a non-profit organization works to improve lives affected by cancer. The organization serves the cancer community by granting direct assistance to those financially impacted by the disease, provides complimentary long-term housing and amenities for those traveling for cancer related treatments through Nick’s House™, funds innovative cancer research through the Nicholas E. Colleluori Lymphoma research fund, serves family meals and offering outlets of entertainment, delivers comfort kits to newly hospitalized patients preparing for treatment or transplant, and lends an arm of support through their peer to peer advocacy group.
Interns will be involved with tasks focused on increasing visibility, promoting cause awareness and service at events through the Greater Philadelphia Region and Mid-Atlantic. This internship is accredited and ideal for students requiring a service credit or looking to add a service component to their resume. This is a non-paid internship however HEADstrong will provide a stipend at the conclusion of the summer based on performance.
“HEADstrong’s internship program was one of the most incredible experiences that I have ever had the privilege to be part of and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to participate. The experience opened up my eyes to the world and showed me how much of a difference HEADstrong is making in the fight against cancer and how the littlest gestures can go a long way.” Kelton Heverly, Mount St. Mary’s University
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning and execution of marketing initiatives including supporter development, mobile marketing, product showcasing, public speaking and appearances.
- Serve as a representative and ambassador at various summer events.
- Build HF email and social media database.
- Identify key local and regional events and coordinate involvement.
- Implement strategy for building social media network.
- Volunteer at scheduled HF services at area hospitals and medical centers.
- Lead outreach opportunities focused on promoting cause awareness.
- On and offsite promotions.
- Inventory management.
- Interns will be expected to work all scheduled HF events. Responsibilities may include physically setting up and breakdown of tents, tables, event merchandise, distribution of literature and various pre and post event activities.
- Candidates must be professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Must be detail-oriented, accomplish tasks in a timely and professional manner and multitask efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), leadership skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Candidates must reside within a commutable distance to HEADstrong’s national headquarters located at 232 Green Avenue, Holmes, PA 19043.
- Background or pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Non-Profit, Sports Management, Event Planning or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Social Media including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Willingness to travel.
- Previous knowledge of the HEADstrong Foundation and interest in athletics, specifically lacrosse.
- Personal experience with cancer. (A survivor or someone that has been affected by cancer)
- Previous fundraising or non-profit experience.
Due to the nature of most event schedules, this position requires a willingness to work flexible hours, numerous weekends and possible holidays.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Cheryl Colleluori, HR@HEADstrong.org, please include ‘HEADstrong Internship’ in the subject.