2010 Blood Drive
The HEADstrong Foundation is very grateful to the 100+ people who came to support our annual blood drive and thanks you for helping to change a life. In conjunction with the American Red Cross, the 3rd annual blood drive was held on Friday, November 26th from 8am – 2pm at the Ridley Community Center. According to the Red Cross, you don’t need a special reason to give blood, just need your own reason.
- Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood some day.
- Some believe it is the right thing we do.
- Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend.
- For the Foundation, the reason is clear, Nicholas “HEAD” Colleluori.
Whatever your reason, the need is constant, the gratification is instant and your contribution was important to sustain a healthy and reliable blood supply. Giving blood is easy; please think about joining us next year because:
- You can help other people
- One unit of blood can help save the lives of 3 people
- It’s safe and only takes about 15 minutes
- Every 2 seconds someone needs blood
- 38,000 units are needed daily